Friday 20 November 2009

Silvery Seas


I have just spent 10 days away from home and my studio, working with the media on a military exercise on Salisbury Plain.  I got so used to sleeping outdoors and being in the fresh air all day that I am actually missing it now that I am home, even though we lived through some unbelievably bad weather, gale force winds and a lot of rain.  While I was on the exercise, I missed the sea of course.  It seemed strange not to have my daily outing to the shoreline with a camera in hand.



First thing I did when I awoke at home after my trip, was to head down to the seashore and drink it all in.  I took an old Argus 75 TLR camera that I have modified to make these TtV photos and an old bellows style polaroid land camera from the 1950's too.  The silvery sea and grey day did nothing to dampen my pleasure at being back where I belong {sigh}

It's good to be home  :)

9 comments:

Char said...

oh to be able to drink that in. gorgeous shots.

Anna said...

Oh lovely shots. I remember champing out for three weeks, I sorely missed the fresh air and cool nights of the mountains myself...

Julia Guthrie said...

Beautiful sea!!
I don't get to visit the beach all that often, (well, as often as I'd like!) but I would really miss it if we moved any further away:)

Karen Faulkner said...

Amazing photos, they really seem to capture the mystery and power of the ocean.

Unknown said...

And it is great to have you back home! I just adore this photos!

DolceDreams said...

How beautiful! I would love an entire room filled with your photographs....dreamy!
Nathalie

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesant subiectul postat de tine. M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazut.Cu siguranta am sa il mai vizitez.
O zi buna!

The Griddler. said...

Lovely shots. Thk's for your work and the inspiration that you do on me.

magicpolaroid said...

shots and waves are incredible!

Related Posts with Thumbnails