Thursday 12 November 2009

Gift of the Day

From one bird to another by Jo Bradford
...

It was passed from one bird to another,
the whole gift of the day.
The day went from flute to flute,
went dressed in vegetation,
in flights which opened a tunnel
through the wind would pass
to where birds were breaking open
the dense blue air -
and there, night came in.

Excerpt from Bird ~ Pablo Neruda

Gift of the day by Jo Bradford
...
You will already know from this blog, that I enjoy Neruda immensely, and simply can't resist an opportunity to use his poems for inspiration - the poem bird supplied the inspiration and the titles for these two new pictures. Thanks Pablo xx

2 comments:

Anna said...

Beautiful pictures for a beautiful poem. I've never heard of him before, I should look him up.

DolceDreams said...

I adore Pablo Neruda also!I hope you are well, and jammin' with holiday business!
Nathalie

Related Posts with Thumbnails