Friday 30 July 2010

Day 5, Vonnegut and Astatke make Fridays fundays



Day 5 from the Last Light Series by Jo Bradford.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The week has flown by - today I will be busying myself with the following...

  • Writing the text for my piece for Catalogue Of The Night, I may post the finished images and text here next week, but it may give you nightmares so don't say I didn't warn you!
  • The final stages of uploading my NASA artwork submission.
  • While I work, I am listening to Mulatu Astatke, just loving those sounds of Ethiopiques Volume 4 
  • And at lunchtime I am looking forward to reading the last chapter of my current book, Cat's Cradle.  What's not to love about my beloved Mr Vonnegut's writings?  I already know the end as I have read it before, but I can't resist revisiting him from time to time :)
  • Toughest task of all today though, is not to shake, prod and generally feel, the pile of packages in the lounge after the postman just did his rounds.....  I will patiently wait till the morning to check out my birthday stash, promise!

See you tomorrow for Day 6, the penultimate day in my series Last Light

Jo xxxx

4 comments:

Katja Maki said...

This series is absolutely beautiful! I love the abstract quality, the colours and the minimalism of each image! What great ways to enjoy your Friday and a very very happy birthday to you, Jo!!

Julia Guthrie said...

Happy birthday matey!! :) I almost had some birthday cake left that I could toast yours with...but it was eaten today! hehe :)
Have a good one xxxx

DolceDreams said...

A belated Happy Birthday! May your upcoming year be a great one :)
Nathalie

Geisslein said...

I really really love this series!
soooo beautiful! but you know, I love your work ;o)
by the way: Happy belated birthday!
May your upcoming year be a very creative and lovely one! All the best for you and have a nice day. geisslein

Related Posts with Thumbnails