Monday 31 March 2008

Vintage Cameras


Her Name Is Iris by Jo Bradford (More info here)
I have a growing collection of vintage box cameras and all sorts of other antique camera paraphernalia which I like to play with. I pick up photography related junk on an almost weekly basis, it often gravitates to me by way of family members and acquaintances after they have cleared out their attic, or an old shed - and I am a happy recipient!!


I while away many happy hours in my studio restoring and adapting these treasures to apply to my creative process. And I always enjoy the puzzled looks I get from passers by when I go out in public with my strange contraptions to make new pictures.

6 comments:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Just stunning!

GreenSpaceGoods said...

Holy crumb cakes those are gorgeous!

Patti said...

What a fascinating item to collect!

Unknown said...

I really like how the photos turn out! Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Jo, This work is beautiful, but where is hello to Poppy. You are very talented and I would love a poppy picture for my wall. Trcia

leanne carter said...

lo =) i really need to know how you get that dream like effect with your pictures... is it out of date film? lighting? help!

my e-mail is lfc1ame@bolton.ac.uk please please get in contact with me...

Related Posts with Thumbnails