Saturday 29 March 2008

Green Island Art Blog from Green Island Studios

The City Sleeps - by Jo Bradford

...

You have stumbled upon the new blog for my artspace, Green Island Studios which is situated in Cornwall, UK. I am lucky to be by the sea and lots of leafy woodlands too.

I have a studio and a full colour darkroom where I work full time. I work mainly with photography, in a variety of formats; from using vintage cameras & pinholes to digital equipment.

I like to pick up vintage Twin Lens Reflex and Box cameras from car boot sales and junk shops to adapt into weird camera contraptions and pinholes. I am a fan of working with alternate and anitquated processes as well. I love to make cyanotypes, photograms and colour luminograms on paper and fabric. The image above is a luminogram which I painted with light in my darkroom recently.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails