Tuesday 27 April 2010

A day is a miniature eternity




-------------

I subscribe to a series of podcasts of the essays of Poet and essayist, Ralph Waldo Emerson which are very enjoyable ways to pass time.  Emerson died on this day in 1882 and to day I just wanted to share a few more of my favourite lines from Mr Emerson, beginning with the line used to title this post...

"A day is a miniature eternity."
...
A few of his words on artists and on creativity follow....
...
"Artists must be sacrificed to their art. Like bees, 
they must put their lives into the sting they give."
...
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, 
we must carry it with us or we find it not"
...
"The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn" 
...
RIP Ralph Waldo Emerson, an inspirational man whose words still hold meaning in our contemporary society.



2 comments:

Char said...

he and thoreau are two of my favorites and i find myself quoting them often.

thank you for sharing these

Karen Faulkner said...

Wonderful quotes, I love the one about artists. And a lovely photo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails