Monday 10 August 2009

Gaudi Dreams

...
A long time ago, when I was starting out, a successful and well established artist I met at my first group exhibition, told me that one of the things that no-one told her when she started out is that you don't always (if ever) get to go with your work when it goes on show in wonderful places around the globe. At the time I thought she was simply lucky to have people in far flung places wanting to show her work. But years later, I can see how disappointing that reality actually is.
...
I have 12 pieces of work ready to send to Spain this week, as my work will be in a show in Comillas, at the Flying Longboarder Gallery from the 20th August. I was really hoping to be there for the opening night myself, but sadly the time is near now and I just can't make it :(
...
What a shame too, as this area of Northern Spain looks stunning... Comillas is lucky enough to boast a building by Gaudi to rub it in even more!!
And nearby San Vincente De La Barquera looks stunning too, look....
Oh well, never mind... if only my art could take photos of itself at the event (with a glass of bubbly and perhaps a canape) and send them back to me so I can be part of the fun by proxy..... {sigh}

2 comments:

DolceDreams said...

But you are there through your art! There is always next year to physically be there. And perhaps you are meant not to be there for a reason unknown at the moment??
Best wishes to you on your show,I hope that my ramblings make some sense!
Cheers,
Nathalie

Employment Australia said...

What an amazing view! The house is so beautiful. I love the design, it looks stunning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails