1. I grew up in the Transkei, in Southern Africa, a place full of weird and wonderful sights....
2. I live in wild and wonderful Cornwall, with my husband, whose mistress is undeniably the Ocean, but I don't mind sharing!
3. My dog Charlie, is a beautiful, chocolate brown, German Pointer. Charlie Brown goes everywhere with me. He is chief security officer at Green Island Studios and his other duties involve running for miles and miles on our local beaches, barking at passing birds, and wreaking havoc on photoshoots. He's not so little now, but he is still as cute now as the day I brought him home just over a year ago (below)
4. My studio is my home away from home, I have a large colour darkroom and studio on the ground floor, but at this time of year I spend most of my time in my office up on the mezzanine, with the heater and the stereo on full blast. I have a steady stream of visitors drop by, so I spend hours in the groundfloor social area, eating, drinking, browsing the books, chatting and getting inspired, while the morning sun shine creates projections on the walls.
5. I teach alternative processes, particularly the cyanotype process to people aged from 4 to 74, I love the hands-on lo-fi wonder of mixing my own emulsions and coating them onto all sorts of unusual surfaces, but for me the best part is sitting in the sunshine with them while they "cook".
6. Mum's hand-me-down Polaroid 600 One Step in my teens was the first camera in my ever increasing polaroid camera collection.
7. I have been making, using and selling TTV's for a few years now. These fabulous contraptions are unique and akward and rewarding and frustrating all at once, the results are worth the challenge though!!
© All contributed content, all rights reserved